It feels like it's rained every day for six months. Here is the important information about driving in the rain.
- Make sure your tyres have more than the legal tread depth (minimum is 1.6mm)
- Clean your wipers regularly by running a clean cloth down the blades to remove the black gunk which builds up
- Keep the screenwash reservoir topped up
- Keep the insides of the windows clean (I use a microfibre cloth to remove dust). Use the A/C to keep condensation under control.
- Keep AT LEAST four seconds back from the vehicle in front
- Look out for large puddles and do your best to avoid splashing pedestrians
- Look out for pedestrians who have hoods up and aren't look at the road properly
- Look out for cyclists who may take avoiding action from puddles at the edge of the road
Always drive to the conditions.